Saturday 21 May 2011

Baby steps



For once the heading for today's blog entry isn't some kind of witty double entendre, clever analogy or play on worlds. I'm literally talking about my baby's steps. And he's taking more of them every day. In fact the video here is not that impressive but I've managed to not have my camera around every time he actually takes his multiple baby steps across the lounge.

I didn't think I was all that keen to see Alex walking. I know that once he walks it's just a matter of time before he's running and that's a whole new world of trouble. He took soooo long to finally start crawling that I decided not to stress about this particular milestone. And I haven't to be honest, I still enjoy watching his little toosh wiggle from side to side as he wonders off to explore the uncharted depths of bathroom or chase animals in a park and I figure he'll walk when he's good and ready.

Judging by the last couple of days he's getting close to ready and I''m very excited. He's just so proud of himself when he makes it from the chair to the coffee table or from his mum to his dad, he even gives himself a little clap to recognise the effort.

Sunday's effort -  we've been making progress by moving the coffee table further away...

and aren't we proud of ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...