Sunday 10 April 2011

Nursery Fun

Ready for take off - there does seem to be a 'flying' theme
So Alex has only had his own room for a few weeks now.

Initially the room was so embarrassingly stark and boring it's no wonder he burst into tears when ever we put him in his cot for a daytime nap.

The only things to gaze at from his horizontal mattress-bound position were the mysterious marks on the roller blind and the selection of dents in the wall from when we moved the furniture in the previous tenants.

Well, I've finally got my act into gear and attempted the make the room a bit more fun and little-person-appropriate. I'm not a designer or decorator by anyone's estimation - if you want to see true style look at my friend Nicole's blog. But I had fun and it definitely looks better than it did before. And I genuinely think Alex doesn't complain quite as much when he is put to bed in the afternoon and can even be heard quietly playing, nattering to his toys when he wakes up - well, sometimes.

Cot, birdy mobile & quilt hand made
by Nanna B
Mr Owl watching over Alex

In case you don't know who lives here


More birdies

I'd love to know what you think? 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...