Thursday 17 June 2010

Rock a bye baby




Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly appreciative, grateful, surprised, amazed that I have a baby who manages to sleep at night. I'm sure the proper night's sleep are the the reason:
1. I can actually get out and do something every day
2. Haydn and I haven't had a fight
3. I'm managing to update this blog on a vaguely regular basis

I can't help but wonder why Alex has turned out to be such a good sleeper... mainly because I don't want to accidentally 'undo' what ever I might have done to create this dream baby. One theory we have is the hammock he sleeps in at night. I've noticed a few clues on those nights when I wake up at 3 or 4 or 5 in the morning and peer through the netting wondering why the sleeping beauty still hasn't awoken. You see every time he does stir, wriggle an arm out of his swaddle and open one eye to see what's happening the hammock seems to move and rock him quietly back to sleep.

Maybe its the hammock, maybe he's a freakishly chilled out bubby who figures "it's dark I may as well go back to sleep", maybe we're just incredibly lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...