Friday 4 June 2010

Brunch Baby

Before the arrival of my darling dearest little bubby, I used to spend a lot of time in restaurants and cafes having brunch. A bit sad I know but that's the life of the baby free twenty and thirty something I guess.

Anyway, on my many outings I would inevitably happen upon some kind of gorgeous couple looking designer scruffy quaffing bircher muesli, blueberry pancakes and cappuccinos. After a while I notice a quiet little mini version of them snoozing peacefully next to their table, occasionally stirring to make a designer cooing sound before dropping back off to sleep.

Would I have a designer brunch baby?

Well, now I have my own theory and I suspect it's all about age... a little bubby at this age will mostly sleep and feed, no matter the sounds going on around them, which makes them the perfect brunch accompaniment. The only problem for me is managing to get out of the house in time for brunch. Hence my little darling is more of an afternoon tea baby!

2 comments:

  1. my love, go to as many cafes as you possibly can. Honestly. Drink. Eat. And relax. While you can. Trust me on this one!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can brunch ever be sad? I don't understand!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...