Saturday 16 June 2012

Motherland




Over the past few weeks things have been a touch crazy, not necessarily bad crazy, or good crazy just 'wow there's quite a lot going on isnt there? - crazy'.
In the space of a week we bought a house, I flew to Melbourne, back to Sydney and then to London for 6 days for work.
The pro's and con's list of this very last minute London trip was fraught and competitive...
PROs
Free flights/accommodation
Catchup with much-missed old friends
The shopping
Interesting worky-type experience
See London again at a fun Jubilee/Olympics time
CON's
Being away from H & Alex for 6 WHOLE DAYS!!!!
The most I'd every managed before was 2 nights and that was once in the previous 2+ years.


But we survived, helped by the power of regular Skypes and H and Grandpa doing a wonderful job looking after the little man.

For me the whole London experience was surreal. The only way I could subconsciously explain why I was in London again, without Alex or H and seeing my old UK friends was that I must have travelled back
in time, to a time before babies, before early nights in and the constant rush of work and family life.



To be honest I kind of enjoyed it... for a bit anyway... That being said once the work was over and I was heading home I was desperate to see my little man and throw myself back into the wonderful chaos of my old/new life.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...