Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Littlest Hobaby

Dear Baby Alex,
I have something to tell you, you see, we're moving again. Please don't be sad. I know you might feel that your babyhood is a bit like an episode of 'The Littlest Hobo'. You arrive in a new place, bright-eyed, tail wagging. You make friends with the locals, you solve some crimes, everyone in the village falls for your furry charm and just when people are thinking you're here to stay you're gone again.

I know it doesn't seem fair to leave the lovely Nanna B and beautiful New Zealand but there's this thing called 'money' and these things called 'jobs' which enable you do pay this thing called 'rent' and eventually get one of these things called 'mortgages'.

Seems ridiculous to you I'm sure. Can't we just stay here and play all day and eat iced lollies and mush banana into the carpet? you ask. Well, your Dada and I would love to do that but alas the aforementioned money, jobs, rent and mortgages are calling and eventually holidays have to end.

I think you'll like Sydney... really.  

Love,

Mama xx

P.S
In case you don't remember The Littlest Hobo, this is sure to jog your memory:

There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...