Monday 24 January 2011

First words


Firstly, apologies for the radio silence over the past couple of weeks, we've had exciting visitors and fun trips etc. etc. no excuse really. I guess I got out of the blogger rhythm. Back on track now though.

So a little while ago Alex said his third word. He's been saying variations of 'mama' and 'dada' for a while now. Initially he would say mama in anger, when he was upset or worried or confused, while he saved dada for fun play times. Nice. These days he tends to use them when he sees us, and usually the name is directed to the correct person... well, most of the time anyway.

So what was the third word? Amma? Nanna? Alex? well... not exactly.

It was 'duck'. He was in the bath, staring intently at the bright yellow rubbery friend who normally accompanies bathtime and he distinctly said 'duck' and then he said it again, in fact several times during that bath. It definitely wasn't my imagination as we had two witnesses. He's not managed the feat since but I'm sure he's just waiting for the 'right' time.

In the meantime Nanna B is thinking of changing her title to duck so she can claim the glory.

2 comments:

  1. ahah!! Well, I happened to have a rubber duckie themed party for Fern's first b'day and have a v impressive 3d standy-uppy cake tin if you want to play on this for Alex's birthday! And of course, I am appointing myself style director of whatever other first birthday themed plans you might have?! :) Wen r u moving to Sydney already???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course I will be appointing you consulting party theme advisor for bubba's big day. Can I book you out now? It's only 2 months away, 10 months gone by already, can you believe it? I'm also very excited by that cake tin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...